Babies, Babies, Babies

Posted by Melina and Denise , Tuesday, March 5, 2013 9:41 AM

I love kids. In fact, I am kind of a baby fanatic. When I worked retail, if a baby came into my department everything stopped until I was done cooing and loving on them. Truth be told, I always thought I would be one of those people who had 10 kids, but as my life went on I just never hit a time where I felt like I was ready. I could still adopt; it is not out of the question. But I discovered something that sort of took me by surprise: I love animals!

I don't just mean dogs-are-cute, cats-are-fluffy kind of love. It is more than that. I have come to believe that my purpose in life is to take care of those animals who may not have a home, who need love. We have 4 cats who were rescues and they are the babies I never predicted having.

Banshee
Vanian
Solstice
Sherlock (photobombed by Banshee)

I am vegan because of my love of animals. I dream that someday I can start a farm sanctuary. I try to wrap my head around how someone can hurt an animal, wear fur or skins, hunt endangered species. I can't! I can't imagine my own comfort being more important than the suffering and death of another creature. It confuses me and makes me sick. My life would be easier if I COULD understand, but it is too much.

Right now taking care of my babies is the way I put my life's purpose into action. They need me. Someday I will be able to broaden my reach. More animals who need love. And maybe that is what I am meant to do instead of being birth mom.

I am OK with that.

~ Denise

1 Response to "Babies, Babies, Babies"

Post a Comment