Really? More?

Posted by Melina and Denise , Monday, February 25, 2013 6:33 AM

We went into this year with the attitude that 2013 is our year, make no mistake about it! After the first 2 months, do we still feel that way? The answer is shockingly yes. Let's just say the Lady has done her best to test our resolve, I guess to be sure that we really do want what we want. Anxiety and stress which led to getting sick, illness and death of extended family members, money stuff, blah blah blah.

How is it that we are staying positive? The fact is that there is no other option. The goals we have mean so much to us that we have no intention of failure.


So moving forward, I have taken the next step in one of my major goals; I sent the novel I wrote off to the editor I booked for mid-March. Scariest thing I have ever done!! My ultimate dream would be to support myself through my writing and this is the biggest step I have taken towards that. Showing my work to people I know is one thing, sending it to a stranger to be critiqued is something else entirely. Terrifying!

I am looking at it as an opportunity to learn. I want to become a better writer and to do that I have to put myself out there, as frightening as that is. I don't fear criticism, I am terrified of being told, "This sucks, what were you thinking?"

I'll keep you all updated on how the process goes. Here's hoping I haven't been deluding myself!

~ Denise

1 Response to "Really? More?"

Our Mother's Keepers Says:

Blessings to you both, you deserve much success!!

Post a Comment